Nov 18, 2022

Brian Chesky on cryptocurrencies post FTX collapse

Now as far as crypto, I think that generally the analogy I'd make is like we're all in a nightclub and the lights just came on.  So suddenly I feel that we have to take a really cold hard look, have a reality check.  The technology's really interesting.  I think we have to be very careful, though, about this frenetic get-in-on-any-technology trend before it's over.  I think we ought to be very very careful about that because that's when discipline goes down.  I think people will regret decisions they make when they have this mentality that "someone else is making money, I'm not."  You really gotta always focus on fundamentals.  You always have to focus on building things for other people of value.  And if the more you learn about somthing, the less you understand it, you just gotta slow down and make sure you really know what you're doing.

~ Brian Chesky, CEO of Airbnb, interview, Bloomberg TV, November 18, 2022



No comments: