Jun 30, 2022

Ben Claremon on being a generalist

What I really love about investing as a career is that you're constantly learning.  Constantly reading, constantly learning.  And as I always say, as an investor you have to know a little bit about everything, because as a generalist... I have to know a lot.  I have to have a very broad understanding of different kinds of companies and business models, and then I can dive deep and understand individual companies... at a nuanced level.  I approach new business models and companies all the time with very little backing aside from pattern recognition, a lot of time spent analyzing businesses which give you a framework which you can use.

~ Ben Claremon, "Wealth #2: Investing in Stocks like a Pro; with Ben Claremon of Cove Street Capital," YouTube.com, 4:55 mark, September 18, 2020





No comments: