Nov 27, 2021

Penn State football coach James Franklin on Covid vaccines

I don’t think they want me to get into the exact percentage of where we’re at.  It’s something that I’ve been tracking all year long and been very aggressive...  For me to sit here and tell you I’m happy, I’m not going to be happy until it’s 100%.  That is staff, players and everybody associated with the program. 

I think vaccination rates are clearly going to be a competitive advantage or a competitive disadvantage.  I’ve stated that very clearly to my team.  If you have a certain position that has low vaccination rates, then all of a sudden you get somebody that pops positive and you lose four guys at one position, that’s going to be a challenge.  That’s going to be an issue.


(At Big Ten Media Days Thursday on July 8, coach Franklin said his team had over a 70% vaccination rate.)



No comments: