Oct 23, 2021

Robert Redfield on mask wearing

Facemasks are the most important powerful public health tool we have.  And I will continue to appeal for all Americans, all individuals in our country, to embrace these face coverings.  I've said it, if we did it for 6, 8, 10, 12 weeks, we'd bring this pandemic under control...  We have clear scientific evidence they work and they are our best defense.  I might even go so far to say this facemask is more guaranteed to protect me against Covid than when I take a Covid vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70% and if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine's not going to protect me.  This facemask will. 

~ Robert Redfield, CDC Director, appearing before U.S. Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies, 2:10 mark, September 16, 2020

(Immunogenicity is the ability of a vaccine to build an immune response to the virus.)





No comments: