Aug 22, 2021

Martin Lau on learning from young people

First of all, the challenge rather for myself being not a young fund manager is that there are so many new things.  So, I just talked about video streaming and I needed to go to my colleague, and I deliberately put two youngest colleagues within our team sitting next to me, so that I can look at how they do video streaming.  Actually, one of them set up a shop and painted and sells stationery--but not from the company, from her own pocket, just for fun.  And by doing so you actually learn about how young people behave.  And I think it's fair to say the best business opportunities come from the younger people.  So, I think that's how I try to learn.

~ Martin Lau, FSSA Investment Managers, "Martin Lau: Now is a Better Time to Buy China," Morningstar's The Long View, August 3, 2021



No comments: