Jun 10, 2024

Clay Travis on resentment towards Caitlin Clark in the WNBA

All I will say is "I told you this was coming."  Caitlin Clark is white and straight in a league that is primarily minority and lesbian.  I told you that this was going to be an issue and lots of people tried to pretend that it wasn't going to be an issue and they claimed that I was making stuff up.  This was so self-evident going to be an issue and it's already now exploded as an issue.  Now you've got everybody acknowledging all over the place.  The average WNBA player does not like Caitlin Clark because she is white, because she is straight and because now she is rich and getting a lot of attention.  And there is a great deal of resentment about that...

I can never remember any male athlete ever entering into a new league and being treated like this.  I don't remember it in the NFL, I don't remember it in the NBA, I don't remember it in Major League Baseball.  I can't recall a celebrity athlete coming in with a big fan base that is lifting tons of attention and theoretically going to make everybody a great deal of money, and people are just losing their minds over it. 

~ Clay Travis, "WNBA Player's CHEAP SHOT On Caitlin Clark PROVES She's HATED?!OutKick.com, 1:35 mark, June 3, 2024



No comments: