Feb 18, 2023

Charlie Munger on Xi Jinping

I have more optimism about the leader of the Chinese Party than most people do.  He's done a lot right, too.  He led a big anti-corruption drive.  He's done a lot of things right...  Where is there a place where the government is perfect in the world of sin and sorrow?  Democracies aren't that brilliantly run either.  

So it's natural to have some decisions made by government that don't work well.  It's natural to have decisions in each individual life that don't work very well.  We live in a world of sin, sorrow and mis-decision.  That's what human beings get to cope with in their days of life.  So I don't expect the world to be free of folly and mistakes and so forth.  I just hope I'm invested with people who have more good judgment than bad judgment.  I don't know anybody who's right all the time.

~ Charlie Munger, CNBC interview, 4:10 mark, February 16, 2023



No comments: