Feb 21, 2022

YouTube comment on how Bruce Lee paved the way for Eileen Gu

This feels like a Bruce Lee breakout moment, where he was once asked in an interview in 1971, are you going to stay in Hong Kong or go to the US to be famous, he replies “I am going to do both because you see I’ve already made up my mind that in the United States I think something about the oriental – I mean the true oriental – should be shown… It is a false choice to be forced to choose between cultures or heritages if by birth or immigration status, you can be of both worlds and embrace both and identity as both and create something entirely new from this dual/multi-heritage interaction, Bruce Lee already showed the way, we just need to soak up his wisdom and follow.

~ YouTube comment, alias "Norrin Jonzz," "Is Eileen Gu a Traitor to America? | American Expat Shares the Truth," Cyrus Janssen YouTube video, February 10, 2022



No comments: