Aug 2, 2021

Jim Rogers on cryptocurrencies

My view is that if [the cryptocurrencies] do become currencies - and the crypto people all say "we're going to be the new currency, we're going to replace government money" - if that ever starts happening, I'm sure that the governments will say, "no."  They will outlaw it or ban it or tax it.  They'll do something.  Because governments do not like to lose their control.  They do not like to lose their power.  

I can't ever imagine if the U.S. said, "ok, this is money, this is the U.S. dollar and if you want to spend money this is how you do it."  And I can't imagine the U.S. government saying, "if you want to use something else, use something else."  That's not the way governments think.  That's not the way they work.  So I suspect that if they become real currencies, governments will take action.

~ Jim Rogers, "'This Will Happen No Matter What' - Jim Rogers Interview," YouTube.com, July 26, 2021



No comments: