Dec 30, 2020

Jim Rogers on potential conflict with China

Throughout history, when you had a dominant power who is flat and or declining and another rising power, it has often led to war.  I'm not the first person to figure this out, especially in times when raw materials become scarce; it has nearly always led to war... shooting war.  It's absurd.  Nobody's ever won any of those shooting wars in the end, but that has usually been the way history has usually played itself out.  And I sit here and I say to myself, "This is totally absurd... In fifteen years, everybody's going to be telling 20-year old kids you've got to kill those 20-year old kids because they're evil and vicious." And it's all because guys were making mistakes in 2020, 2021. It's always led to this... It doesn't do any good for anybody in the end, but... I can sit here and say this all day long; it doesn't do any good. I know history. And the problem with history is - the main lesson of history is, nobody's learned the lesson of history.   You and I can sit here and say, "Guys, it's very clear how this ends."  They say, "We're smarter than history."  You go to Washington now, Mr. Trump says, "Who cares about history?  I'm smarter than history.  I don't need history."  Well, maybe he's right, but very few people have been smarter than history and nobody learns the lessons of history.

~ Jim Rogers, "The End Game Ep. 11 - Jim Rogers," The Grant Williams Podcast, 24:30 mark, November 14, 2020



No comments: