Nov 18, 2020

Bretigne Shaffer on 2020: the year of dystopian fiction

I live in a world that only a year ago I would have thought was the stuff of poorly written dystopian fiction.  If anyone had told me in November of 2019 that just a year later, people would be ordered by the governor of the state I live in to close their businesses, to only leave their homes for “essential” activities, to stop attending church services, to stand six feet apart from other people, and eventually, to wear masks on their faces when out in public, and that most people would not only go along with this willingly but would cheer it on and even shame those who did not–I would have laughed in their face.

And yet here we are.

~ Bretigne Shaffer, "Letter to my Grandchilder from Inside a Cult," LewRockwell.com, November 18, 2020



No comments: