Feb 18, 2011

Jim Cramer refuses to invest in stocks facing political intervention

[responding to a viewer's call-in question about Visa (V)]

I know better than to deal with a company that's in the cross hairs of the federal government. So, you know what? My 3-5 year outlook is deeply controlled by a couple of senators. I don't want any of my stocks to have anything to do with a couple of senators-- they can do whatever they want!

My answer to Visa is I can't own it, because I can't model what a senator from Illinois is going to do to a company.

~Jim Cramer, CNBC's Mad Money with Jim Cramer, February 17, 2011

(Meanwhile, Jim Cramer's entire bullish thesis for investing in stocks right now relies upon gross intervention and manipulation of the stock market by Federal Reserve monetary policy in the form of quantitative easing. How does Cramer model that one, and what happens when the Fed puts the brakes on the money-printing?)

No comments: